Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt coming soon
Saturday, January 1, 2022
Schlage expands its connected portfolio in the North American market to provide Apple consumers with a safe and secure home access solution that works with the recently released home keys feature.
“Throughout our 100-year history, we have remained committed to revolutionizing the user experience with convenient and secure home access our customers can trust,” said Dave Ilardi, general manager at Schlage, a brand of Allegion. “We’re excited about our collaboration with Apple that brings together two highly regarded brands with a history and reputation for delivering innovation to the connected home. The Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt provides homeowners with an even simpler and secure way to access their homes. This is just another step in our vision to create purposeful experiences that deliver simplicity and peace of mind.”
The Schlage Encode Plus Smart WiFi Deadbolt is the newest device in Schlage’s connected portfolio and the first smart lock solution in the North American market to support Apple’s home keys for iPhone and Apple Watch. With a Schlage Home Key in Apple Wallet, homeowners don’t even need to unlock their iPhone or Apple Watch to open their lock, and with Power Reserve1, even if the iPhone needs to be charged, they may still be able to tap to unlock for up to five hours after their iPhone battery runs out. Additionally, the lock is also fully supported by the Schlage Home app.
- Homeowners will enjoy being able to check the status of their deadbolt and lock/unlock the deadbolt remotely from their phone.
- Homeowners can create and manage up to 100 access codes from the app, as well as set schedules for those codes for recurring, temporary or permanent access.
- Real-time activity logs make it easier to know when a code has been used, and customizable push notifications provide an added layer of security and peace of mind.
- Pairing the Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt with the Schlage Home app allows homeowners to securely use Alexa or Google Assistant to control their lock via voice.
- The Schlage Encode Plus deadbolt is compatible with iOS and Android devices via the Schlage Home app.